Low vision is a term that describes the condition of having impaired vision that can not be corrected with standard eyeglasses, contact lenses, surgery, or other medical treatments.
Low vision rehabilitation services help individuals with low vision function more independently in their daily lives. At REVO Rehab, we offer low vision rehabilitation services at our Rock Hill location in South Carolina.
Our highly trained staff of therapists and specialists provide personalized care and treatment plans to help our patients overcome the challenges of living with low vision. We offer a wide range of services, including physical therapy, adaptive equipment training, and support groups.
Our goal is to help our patients live their best lives and achieve their goals.
Please contact us today for more information about our low vision rehabilitation services.
Frequently Asked Questions about Low Vision Therapy
What are the benefits of Low Vision Therapy?
Low vision therapy can help individuals with low vision to make the best of their remaining sight and become more independent and safe while participating in everyday activities. Benefits include:
- – Improved functional vision: Low Vision Therapy can help improve the clarity and efficiency with which a person uses their remaining vision. This includes learning how to use magnification devices or low-vision aids and how to use proper lighting and contrast while reading or going about daily activities.
- – Increased independence: Low Vision Therapy can help give individuals with low vision the confidence they need to get out and do tasks independently. This might include learning to cross streets safely or navigate unfamiliar spaces.
- – Improved psychological functioning: Low Vision Therapy can help individuals cope with the psychological effects of low vision, such as depression, anxiety, and poor self-esteem.
- – Improved quality of life: Low Vision Therapy can improve an individual’s overall quality of life by helping them better manage their vision and be more independent. This may include learning how to use assistive devices and strategies to help them cope better with their vision loss.
- – Improved functional abilities: Low Vision Therapy can also enhance an individual’s functional abilities by teaching them how to perform everyday tasks, such as reading, writing, cooking, dressing, and bathing. This may also include learning to use adaptive equipment, such as magnifiers, reading aids, and computer access devices.
- – Improved self-esteem: Low Vision Therapy can also help to improve an individual’s self-esteem by increasing their confidence in their abilities and helping them stay active. This may involve learning to participate in activities they previously could not do due to low vision or learning to use adaptive equipment that allows them to do activities independently.
Who can benefit from Low Vision Therapy services?
Low Vision Therapy services can benefit a wide variety of people who experience vision loss. This includes those with age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, and other eye diseases or conditions that cause low vision. Low Vision Therapists can help individuals with vision loss adapt to their new lifestyle and maintain independence.
Is Low Vision Therapy covered by insurance?
Insurance may cover low Vision Therapy services depending on the individual’s plan. It is essential to contact your provider directly and find out if they cover Low Vision Therapy services. In some cases, individuals may need to meet specific criteria or obtain a referral from an ophthalmologist before receiving coverage.
Additionally, many providers offer flexible payment plans for Low Vision Therapy services, so it is essential to contact your provider and ask about their specific policies.
How long does it take to complete Low Vision Therapy?
The length of time that it takes to complete Low Vision Therapy depends on the individual’s needs and goals. Generally, as little as five weeks may be required for some individuals, while others may require multiple visits before they can reach their desired goals. The therapist will work with you to determine the best plan of action based on your specific needs.
Additionally, it is essential to remain consistent with your therapy sessions, as this will help you achieve the best results.
Is any preparation needed before starting Low Vision Therapy at Revo Rehab?
No, before starting therapy, our team will provide you with an orientation session where we will discuss what to expect during your sessions. We will also review any medical history or previous vision conditions you may have. Afterward, we will create an individualized plan of action tailored to your specific needs and goals.
What can I expect from my Low Vision Therapy appointments at Revo Rehab?
You can expect personalized care and support from our qualified professionals at your Low Vision Therapy appointment at Revo Rehab. We will use specialized techniques during the session to strengthen and enhance your remaining vision.
We will also work with you on activities designed to improve the functional use of your vision, such as reading, writing, and recognizing faces and objects. We will also work with you on ways to maximize the use of any assistive devices that may help improve your vision functioning.
Rock Hill Office
Rock Hill, SC 29732
Phone: (803) 207-8177
Fax: (803) 207-8130